cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerator problem

prodsac
Level 4
Hi,

I installed the Discovery Accelerator over our EV 8.0.2.

I followed the guide (changes to SQL, etc). It installed without problem. But when I try to connect to the /EVBAAdmin/ site and i says:

initializing, Please wait.

Nothing else.

when I click on the title, I arrive at: /configuration/server.aspx

and it is empty, I cannot write or change anything.

When I click on  OK,
it says:

Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. - The Server name needs to be specified Transaction count after EXECUTE indicates that a COMMIT or ROLLBACK TRANSACTION statement is missing. Previous count = 1, current count = 0.
Exception Info [+]

Exception Stack Trace
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.configuration_server_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Inner Exception Stack Trace

Server stack trace:
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatusErrors(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatus(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataRow[] dataRows, DataTableMapping tableMapping)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdateFromDataTable(DataTable dataTable, DataTableMapping tableMapping)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataTable dataTable)
at KVS.Accelerator.Configuration.Server.UpdateServerDS(ServerDS DS)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at KVS.Accelerator.Web.BO.BO_Server.Update()
at AcceleratorWeb.Server.Server.COMMON_SAVE_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at AcceleratorWeb.Server.Server.COMMON_OK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

9 REPLIES 9

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 When you did the install at one point it asked you to STOP do not press OK until AFTER you restart the Discovery Accelerator service

Did you in fact click ok by mistake?

If yes remove DA and reinstall it again but this time do not press OK until after you restarted the Accelerator service

prodsac
Level 4
ok, I'll try.
I keep you posted.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
as well as reading the install instructions pay attention to the in screen instructions

:)

prodsac
Level 4
OK, I removed.
restarted
reinstalled.

Nowhere it askes to restart the service or anything like that...

I just noticed that it didn't ask about the database (EVCONFIGURATION) in the reinstallation. Is there files I need to delete manually?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 Yeah if you want to do a fresh install you will need to delete the empty databases on SQL server

prodsac
Level 4
Ok, it works now.

I had to put the website in Trusted Zone...

prodsac
Level 4
Now, in the event log I have:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Accelerator Service Processor
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    152
Date:        22/09/2009
Time:        10:12:07 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:    MPNB
Description:
APP AS - Customer ID: 0 - An error occured updating Servers. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The Server name needs to be specified
Transaction count after EXECUTE indicates that a COMMIT or ROLLBACK TRANSACTION statement is missing. Previous count = 1, current count = 0.
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatusErrors(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatus(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataRow[] dataRows, DataTableMapping tableMapping)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdateFromDataTable(DataTable dataTable, DataTableMapping tableMapping)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataTable dataTable)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
uninstall it

delete the databases it created on your SQL server

restart the process of install from scratch

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 i sent you a PM