cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an Exchange 2007 server to an existing EV site - Outlook Anywhere not working (RPC over HTTPS)

lewis_licenses
Level 3
We have an existing Exchange 2003 / EV 7.5 installation.  We are moving to Exchange 2007 and I am trying to add that server into the EV setup.  Everything appears to be working fine EXCEPT when I try to access archived items in test mailbox from Outlook 2007 when outside our network (using Outlook Anywhere), I get a gray bar at the top of the message that says "There was an error loading this item"  Then, I receive a pop-up that says "The server name could not be resolved".  I followed the instructions to the "T" from the admin guide.

Here is the error:

imagebrowser image

When I pull up the vault information in the EV Diagnostics dialog, I get this error:

imagebrowser image

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Jeff
21 REPLIES 21

BigPhil
Level 5

well if you are NATing to your ISA server then you would need to forward tcp 80 and 443 to your ISA server and follow the link in your post on how to configure the ISA server rules correctly. if your ISA server is directly attached to the public network then just configure the rules.  here is another link that is basically the same thing that Symantec used for their directions www.shudnow.net/2008/06/24/publishing-symantec-enterprise-vault-in-isa-2006/

and what we are saying about direct access is that you must also be able to resolve the EV servers internal name, externally.  this can be done with a hosts file on the clients that points to the same public ip address that you are using for the other Exchange services just using the internal EV server name instead. you can then setup the same ISA rule that publishes EV with an additional public name that matches your internal EV server name.

citizen
Level 4

Thanks for the quick reply...

My ISA is direct. With a host file on my client, I now resolve my internal EV server to the ISA IP but still no luck.
I get a certificate error (mismatch) and then a server denied 403 forbidden. Internally things work fine in Outlook.
I am thinking the ISA link translation mappings make help resolve this issue.

I started following the directions but it was unclear:
Should I replace my current OWA rule or add the OWA publishing rule as shown in the doc?