cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the upgrade to EV8

dchinon
Level 3

Hi,

Any advise on what to do after upgrading to EV8?

We want to enable SIS but it seems it will affect only new archived items.
I want to enable SIS on the old EV stores. The only way I see to do this is to export/import the old archived mailboxes, which is workable but not easy.

We want to have the full benifit of SIS, and what we dont want is a pre EV8 and post EV8 store. In time we want to reclaim the used storage space now occupied by our large journal/mail EV store.

Anyone encounter the same problem and how did you solve this.

- Darrell.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Moving an archive to another store with sharing enabled will SIS and re-index all moved items.

There is a hotfix for move archives, you need to apply that first i suggest.

Look for document 358246

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What service pack of EV have you installed ?
If it is SP4, you probably can use the Move Archive function to move the archive from the pre-EV8 store to the EV8 store.

dchinon
Level 3

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, we are running EV 8 SP4 (8.0.4.1991)

If we move an archive from the pre-ev8 to the post-ev8 store, is that just a move?
Or will the SIS be performed on the archive which is moved?

- Darrell

GertjanA

Moving an archive to another store with sharing enabled will SIS and re-index all moved items.

There is a hotfix for move archives, you need to apply that first i suggest.

Look for document 358246

Regards. Gertjan

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

It can be a significant administrative overhead to move all the archives to a new vault store, plus there would be an impact on the users.  You would realize ~30-35% reduction in the storage of the existing items.  Is the storage savings worth the administrative overhead?

dchinon
Level 3

This look promising.

The administrative overhead seems acceptable, but what do you mean with the impact for the users?

The users will see the same shortcut's in outlook wont they?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes, it will be a move, so all items will be moved to the new vault store.

At the end you will probably have an empty 'old' vault store when all the mailboxe archives are moved.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6

I am in the process of moving lots are archives right now to fix our long running issues with disk capacity.

User impact can include:

User's suddenly noticing they have two archives - one closed and one available - whilst the move process works.

Users finding they cannot archive any messages because the permissions on the new archive are not given at the beginning of the move archive process.

Jeremy.

dchinon
Level 3

GertjanA

Hi Jeremy,

What is a lot? How do you move (scheduled/manually?)? have you edited the cfg file, and if yes, how does it look?

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan