cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have experience with the following reg key?

Shane_Seagreen_
Level 4
I found this today when I was looking for something, which if it does what I think it does, could be quite useful:

EnableOutlookRecoverDeletedArchivedItems
\SOFTWARE
\KVS
\Enterprise Vault
\Agents
Content
DWORD

0 - (Default) Archived items are not available when using Disable Recover Deleted Items.

1 - Archived items are available when using Disable Recover Deleted Items.

Description
Enables you to make archived items available using the Outlook Recover Deleted Items option on the Outlook menu. Any item that is archived and changed into a shortcut, or archived and automatically deleted, will be available when using the Outlook Recover Deleted Items feature.

You must restart Exchange Server Archiving Tasks in order to make changes to EnableOutlookRecoverDeletedArchivedItems take effect.

What i need to know is, where is this key applied? if it is on the exchange server, are any services required to be re-started? Will this allow the recovery of any archived item through Outlook?Message was edited by:
Shane Seagreen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The key would be on the Enterprise Vault server and as the Description states you need to restart the Archive Task for it to take affect.

It also assumes you have this feature enabled for Exchange, if you do and only keep the items for a day or two it might not even be worth enabling.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The key would be on the Enterprise Vault server and as the Description states you need to restart the Archive Task for it to take affect.

It also assumes you have this feature enabled for Exchange, if you do and only keep the items for a day or two it might not even be worth enabling.

Lee_Allison
Level 6
If you have to restart Exchange Server Archiving Tasks to get this to take effect I would guess that it's applied on the EV server. I haven't seen this reg key in effect yet, so not entirely sure what it does, please post more as you find it. Thanks.

Shane_Seagreen_
Level 4
Most places ive worked at have a 30 day keep on the exchange dumpster. There is a similar key for outlook to allow you to recover deleted mail users accidently delete from any folder. Im assuming this key works in a similar method to the exchange dumpster. Ill enable, and do some testing, and post my results later.