Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives and Merge Data

AG81
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello to all,

I have the next question. The scneario is that there was archived some Volumes. For each volume:
- the volume had a policy and a archive
- There was archive folders in this volumen with different archive associated to it. The folders had "Everyone" permission.
- The volume and the folders was deleted from the after months archiving
- the users can see the diferent archives using "archive explorer"

The problem is now the customer wants to:
- Change de Fileserver to another server
- The possibility to re-organize all the data.

I know that there is not possible to merge differente archives points in one. And my problem is:

- The first idea is restore all the info to the original location, to move to the new FileServer and archive it after. But when it try to do it, FSAUtility says that the \\oLDVOLUME\OLDFolder its not a valid volume
- In the other hand, i think that i will not haver sufficent space in the actual FileServer to restore all the info.

Any idea about how can I reorganize it?

Thank you and best regards!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AG81
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I spoke with some people and all says that the bes way is to restore de archived data to the original server. Do the migration to the new server, and re-archive with EV with the new Archive/policy structure.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AG81
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi RahulIG

My big problem is the number of ArchivePoints in the source Fileserver (FSAOld). The customer wants to merge all this info in only one ArchivePoint in the new Fileserver (FSANew). Regarding the steps at TECH68672, if I'm not mistaken, then the scenario:

- FSAOld have three folders with three ArchivePoints (OldFolder1, OldFolder2 and OldFolder3).

- I should create a new Volume and a NewFolder in  FSANew

- Run an archive now in to FSANew to create a new ArchivePoint for "NewFolder"

- Run FSAUltility -m -s \\FSAOld\OldFolder1 -d \\FSANew\NewFolder and wait to finish. Run  FSAUltility -m -s \\FSAOld\OldFolder2 -d \\FSANew\NewFolder and wait to finish and  FSAUltility -m -s \\FSAOld\OldFolder3 -d \\FSANew\NewFolder 

- When the trhee FSAutility -m has finished, It has copied all the info to "NewFolder" archivepoint, and I will have all de Archived info in the "NewFolder" archive point. Then I can delete the Olfolder1, OldFolder2 and OldFolder3 ArchivePoints.

Thanks you!

AG81
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I spoke with some people and all says that the bes way is to restore de archived data to the original server. Do the migration to the new server, and re-archive with EV with the new Archive/policy structure.

Regards,