cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Org. Mailboxes

Clayton_Miller
Level 2
I have run into an interesting problem. On our network if a user has permissions to his Ev enabled mailbox and any number of EV enabled org mailboxes the use is unable to pull up the EV archived items on the org boxes he is mapped to
(in outlook only). However he is able to use the search vaults and archive explorer capabilities to access the archived email, or the user creates another outlook profile using the org box to access the email through outlook. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before or if anyone has any advice on how I can attempt to troubleshoot this issue. Any help is extremely needed and would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

V/R
Clayton
7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
For OL 2003 make sure scripts in shared folders is checked on the Tool>Options>Other>adv options. For OL XP/2002 you can use a reg key:

Follow these steps, and then quit Registry Editor:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type SharedFolderScript, and then press ENTER.
5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
6. Type 1, and then click OK.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838871#XSLTH3133120123120121120120

You will close and re-open Outlook.

Clayton_Miller
Level 2
Tony,
i tried the registry change that did not work. i can see the custom forms and can even archive and restore messages from the org boxes. i just can't open them up once they are archived unless i restore that item. we are running outlook 2003 but sp2 not sp3.

TonySterling
The registry change was for OL XP/2002, not 2003. You can use the registry for OL 2k3, but you have to move down a bit to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security
directory. Be sure to close and open Outlook.

SymcMarj
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Clayton, for 2003 its the tools option that will make the change for you.

Timothy_Hernand
Level 3
MA and Tony...
I work with Clayton and it appears the problem is with any mailbox that you have attached under the the primary one. You can open the attachments from the archive explorer view...MA, what did you mean by the 'tools option'

Thanks
Tim

Timothy_Hernand
Level 3
Tony...I tried the script with the second reply that you suggested and it worked on my machine...now I just have to get it out to the network

Thanks again
Tim

TonySterling
I believe what MA was refering to was that with OL 2k3 you can click Tools from the menu bar, then Options>Other>Advanced Options and check the box manually as opposed to using a reg key.

Glad you got it going..:)