cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically delete archives when they become empty?

charles-k
Level 5
Is there a way to have EV automatically delete an archive when it becomes empty?  We keep emails for 5 years.  When an employee leaves the company, I archive everything in his/her mailbox to EV, then keep that archive for 5 years.  During that time, EV will purge emails as they become 5 years old, so that at the end of the 5 year period, the archive will be empty.  I'm looking for a way to have EV automatically detect which archives are empty and delete them, rather than me having to remember when the archives become 5 years old then manually deleting them.  Is something like this possible?  I'm running EV 8.0 SP3.  Thanks in advance.

Charles
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Charles,
This is not currently in the product today.  You could post an idea in the Ideas section for future consideration.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Charles,
This is not currently in the product today.  You could post an idea in the Ideas section for future consideration.

Regards,

Mojorsn
Level 5
This would be a great enhancement because we run into this same issue....

charles-k
Level 5
I put in a feature request in the IDEAS section to allow EV to be configurable so that archives that meet certain criteria, such as the age of the archive or the archive being empty, can be automatically deleted without administrator intervention.

In the meantime, though, is there a way I can get the count of how many items remain in an archive so that I can manually delete the empty ones?  Is there a SQL table I can check?  Or can this be done through Powershell in the EV Management Shell?  I'd appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks,
Charles

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
The vault store usage report will show you the item count and size for each and every archive.

charles-k
Level 5
Thanks!  I'll check out the vault store usage report.

Charles