cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereits archivierte Emails anderem User zuordnen

Dialog
Level 2

Hallo zusammen,

unsere Version des Enterprise lautet 9.0.1.1061 und läuft auf einem Server 2008 R2 SP1.

Folgende Problematik stellt sich mir:

Ein Mitarbeiter verlässt das Unternehmen. Er hat ein relativ großes Postfach und demnach viele archivierte Emails und Ordner. Nun soll einem anderen Mitarbeiter ein bestimmter, bereits archivierter Ordner zugeordnet werden, sodass er der Besitzer ist.

Wie kann ich dies einstellen?

Vielen Dank für eure Antworten

Gruß

Marko Schustek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think you can do the following. If the mailbox of the leaver still exists, give the user needing access to the folder read-only access to the mailbox, and full access to the specific folder. Sync users, verify he now has access to this one folder only.

If that fails, you should be able to EXPORT this one folder only into PST, and IMPORT that PST into the archive of the user needing access. When importing, make sure to set a specific folder (where the items will be placed in his archive), either with or without shortcuts in the mailbox.

Other option is indeed giving user rights to the archive, but this is for the full archive.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

any chance you can post this in English?

Dialog
Level 2
Yes of course, thought this is also a german forum :-). We are running Enterprise Vault 9.0.1.1061 on Server 2008 R2 SP1. An employee will leave the company. He has a huge amount of archived emails and folders. One specific folder from the archived ones needs to be assigned to an employee who will remain in the company. How can i do this? Thanks in advance Marko

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

No problem, your English is much better than my German :)

Very good question.

As far as I know you can assign permissions to an archive but not specifically to a folder within the archive. You can assign permisions to a specific folder on the mailbox side of things via Outlook etc. But archive I have not heard of, so basically it's all or nothing.

Perhaps it's something you can request as an Enhancement request?

GertjanA

I think you can do the following. If the mailbox of the leaver still exists, give the user needing access to the folder read-only access to the mailbox, and full access to the specific folder. Sync users, verify he now has access to this one folder only.

If that fails, you should be able to EXPORT this one folder only into PST, and IMPORT that PST into the archive of the user needing access. When importing, make sure to set a specific folder (where the items will be placed in his archive), either with or without shortcuts in the mailbox.

Other option is indeed giving user rights to the archive, but this is for the full archive.

Regards. Gertjan

Dialog
Level 2
Thanks for the plenty amount of answers. I managed to grant him access to the mails with the answer of GertjanA. Thanks again! Regards Marko

GertjanA

Glad to help. Can you mark one of the answers as a solution? That way, others scanning the forum know this question is closed, and will not read it, and other people having the same question can find an answer on it.

Thanks!

Regards. Gertjan

Dialog
Level 2
Of course, thanks again!