cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i access Entreprise Vault 8.0 lotus domino archive, without lotus domino server ?

Jdegoutin
Level 2

Hi,

I have a little question:

We are migrating a customer from Lotus notes to exchange.

Users have many archives that customer doesn't want to migrate.

then is it possible to access lotus notes archives on entreprise vault V 8.0 without using a lotus notes client neither a Lotus Notes Server ??

I think to Entreprise vault  Ediscovery  Add-on for example ?rds

regards,

J-F D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jim_leggett
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Will you be migrating the EV for Domino shortcuts in Lotus Notes to Exchange?

If that is the case then there is a utility called evdominoexchangemigration that will convert the EV for Domino shortcuts into EV for Exchange shortcuts. At which point an outlook user can retrieve the item from their original ev for domino archive without the need to have an Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway.

If you intend to just have Domino Archives reside on the EV for Domino server and do not intend to migrate the associated domino mailbox to exchange then you will not be able to retrieve the items from the EV for Domino Mailbox ARchives without the end user having Lotus Notes on their desktop and having an Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway.

However, if the event that you need to export via a DA export you will not need an Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway. You will simply need Lotus NOtes instaalled in the same location of your DA client.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I am not sure how the domino users are authenticated to the EV server, but you can try to use the webpage:

http://enterprisevaultserver.domain.internal/enterprisevault

Jdegoutin
Level 2

Txs for reply

unfortunately your URL is internal, i can't access it.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Replace enterprisevaultserver with the servername of your EV server and domain.internal with your internal DNS name.

Jdegoutin
Level 2

Txs,

I am not at customer office for the moment.

regards,

jim_leggett
Level 6

Will you be migrating the EV for Domino shortcuts in Lotus Notes to Exchange?

If that is the case then there is a utility called evdominoexchangemigration that will convert the EV for Domino shortcuts into EV for Exchange shortcuts. At which point an outlook user can retrieve the item from their original ev for domino archive without the need to have an Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway.

If you intend to just have Domino Archives reside on the EV for Domino server and do not intend to migrate the associated domino mailbox to exchange then you will not be able to retrieve the items from the EV for Domino Mailbox ARchives without the end user having Lotus Notes on their desktop and having an Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway.

However, if the event that you need to export via a DA export you will not need an Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway. You will simply need Lotus NOtes instaalled in the same location of your DA client.

jim_leggett
Level 6

Does any of this information help you with your issue?