cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get to own EV

Goofoff109
Level 4

Ok guys, girls and anything else out there.

Situation

newly upgraded EV 9 to 10.0.4 with cumulative update 2.

Everyone works except the few execs and directors ( of course them) that have office 365 accounts.

Their laptops are running 8.1 and are using the ( i was told) the 32 bit versions of the office 2013 download that you get from office 365.

They CAN install the EV plugin but it does not show up in Outlook and therefore cannot obtain stuff from their own EV.

Even though they are on office 365, they are using the inhouse exchange server as a middleman so the archiving does work (without getting EV.Cloud) because the EV admin can go in and get stuff.

Any suggestions to check, try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Most likely the hidden message that was in the mailbox is no longer present or has corrupted.  Since you can no longer synch that mailbox you are a bit out of luck.

You could send the user the url to the search.asp and archiveexplorerui.asp.  As they are VIP's probably not going to be the most desirable solution.  You could create a folder in their mailbox for search and archive explorer and set the homepage for those folder to the appropriate url.  This will allow them to at least stay in Outlook.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

afaik this is not a supported config. your users will have to use archive explorer or browser search to access their archive.

Goofoff109
Level 4

i see, but any idea why the EV plugin doesn't even show in Outlook?

http://kbdownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/TECHNICAL_SOLUTION/169000/TECH169342/en_US/EV%20Whitepaper%20-%20Enterprise%20Vault%20and%20Microsoft%20Office%20365.pdf?__gda__=1397006717_38e4ed179262e343a75ff44a794d59e3

i see that and i guess i misread part of it about archiving. I guess Journaling is the only thing that is supported like this right now.

TonySterling

Most likely the hidden message that was in the mailbox is no longer present or has corrupted.  Since you can no longer synch that mailbox you are a bit out of luck.

You could send the user the url to the search.asp and archiveexplorerui.asp.  As they are VIP's probably not going to be the most desirable solution.  You could create a folder in their mailbox for search and archive explorer and set the homepage for those folder to the appropriate url.  This will allow them to at least stay in Outlook.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Goofoff109,

You mentioned that it's the 32-bits version, but could you take a look at this technote to confirm if applies to this issue?

Enterprise Vault client will not install on Outlook 2013 x64 (Office365 ProPlus subscription)
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH214359

I hope this helps.

Goofoff109
Level 4

I have seen that tech note, and the people i am working with claim they are on the 32 bit versions.

Which i do believe they are because when you goto download the office 2013 program suite from office365, it defaults to the 32 bit versions. 

I will try to get this confirmed.

In the mean time, does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to get this working, or are they just SOL with this current config? I wasn't told they were gonna try to use this with office 365 when i did the EV upgrade.

I have used EV before but never in combination with 365 accounts.

TonySterling

Other than what I posted above they are SOL.

Sorry mate.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

could you move their mailboxes to the on prem exchange server, manually enable them in EV and associate the archive to their mailbox?