cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open an Archived message from OWA 2013 when logged in as a user other than the windows user

stullier
Level 4

If I am logged on to a computer as UserA, then launch OWA 2013 and login to OWA as UserB, when trying to open an archived email from that OWA session, the Office Mail App displays "Failed to Open Item"  At the same time, there is an error on the EV server - Event ID 2778, Agent Client Broker, The error c0041801 occurred whilst calling the method CArchivingAgentQueue::RestoreItem().

If I log in to that same computer as UserB, then launch OWA 2013 and login to OWA as UserB, the archived item is retrieved successfully.

For some reason, the View option in the Office Mail App is pulling the logged-on credentials of the windows user, instead of the user who is logged into OWA.

Has anyone encountered this before or have any guidance?

Our environment:

Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 CHF3

Exchange 2013 SP1

Windows Server 2012 R2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i've come across this before and don't think there's a good way around it. you dont want to disable windows authentication on the EV server because if you do it'll use basic auth and prompt every user to enter their credentials each time. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB

i've come across this before and don't think there's a good way around it. you dont want to disable windows authentication on the EV server because if you do it'll use basic auth and prompt every user to enter their credentials each time. 

Elio_C
Level 6

We've noted the same without finding any workaround.
EV archiveexplorer/search sites use the windows credentials rather than the IE session credentials even if you turn off "enable integrated windows authentication" in IE.
As AndrewB noted disabling windows authentication on server side is probably worse.

Be good if anyone can confirm the behaviour of the same using the EV11 Search application? Also the behaviour of Chrome or FireFox for searching the logged on Mail App user archive?

AndrewB

i dont see how it would make a difference

stullier
Level 4

We have decided to remove the EV server from the local intranet zones in Internet Explorer.  That forces a person to have to type in their credentials the first time they access the EV app in OWA per IE session.

After discussion, we realized that the likelihood of someone who has their own company computer trying to access archived email via OWA from that same computer is very slim.  In most cases, they would just be using the full Outlook Client.