Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot save msg files to desktop or network drive

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

wondering if anyone has seen this.

Only raised it's head after out migration from ev9 to ev10.0.4

We have some users who are having issues with the vault cache not syncing and needs to do a full reset to fix but at the same time

When they try to save msg files to computer they get errors about "Cant' Save here.  Please choose Another Location"

8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How exactly are they doing this?  Are they choosing to save as opposed to open a message from the search.asp?

What happens if they try to save an email that has not been archive from Outlook?  Just curious if it happens all the time.

Lastly, are there any weird characters in the name of the file trying to be saved?

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

Tony,

My understanding is no weird characters and the save as feature is in outlook not the vault

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Which version of Outlook is this? And can you confirm exactly how and what they're trying to do the 'save' on? ie the item open, or from the inbox, what about a different folder on their machine?

Working for cloudficient.com

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

Rob,

It's both the outlook 2007 and outlook 2010 version the exact SP's I don't know but I would say the latest.

Problems happens no matter which folder on computer or network drive you attempt to use.

From the file save as and same issue if html or msg file type

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So do they open ...

a/ normal item?

b/ an archived item?

Or are they just highlighting it in a folder and do File -> Save?

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

Normal item. 

Also we are seeing lots of anomilies with outlook since the migration and all see to fix with the resetting vault which makes no sense to me.  Here is a hyperlink one we have as well

---------------

When we attempted to access the users vault explorer we received a blank screen and nothing appeared.

Restarted users Outlook in Safe Mode and hyperlkinks and spellcheck are working perfectly

Enabled 'Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging' (only Add-in that was disabled by Safe Mode)

All Hyperlinks and spell check is working with all add on's enabled when Outlook is in Safe Mode

Relogged in in Normal Mode and Spell check wasn't working, could not open Hyperlinks and vault files were inaccessible

Reset user Enterprise Vault cache and started resycronization

All Hyperlinks and spell check is working - can Access vault files - the reset has reset

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So it's an ordinary item, not archived, from inside their mailbox?  Do they highlight in the folder list, or open it?

have you uninstalled the Outlook Add-in and seen in the problem persists?

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

Ordinary item.  both highlighted and opened.

Cannot confirm the uninstall but does work when in safe mode with ev plug-in disabled