cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change index location

doctortt
Level 6

Is there a way to change the index location of a user's archive?

7 REPLIES 7

Rick_Grigg_at_M
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Just to clarify, are you intending to only move the archive for a single user or are you trying to move an entire index?

Assuming that you are attempting to move an entire index database from one location to another (and the source disk and target disk have similar characteristics), have a look at the following URL link: 

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273141.htm

Hope this helps!

Rick Grigg

doctortt
Level 6

Actually, for both - a single user and entire index.  The article within that link looks like what I'm looking for. I will test it out.  How about for a single user? Thanks again.

Rick_Grigg_at_M
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I might be wrong on this one however, I don't believe it is possible to move a single user's index data simply becuase this would mean you are creating a new index database and partition that Vault would have to recognize. 

Someone else might add some additional comments on this but as far as I know, moving a single user's index data is not possible.

Sorry!

Rick Grigg

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited

In EV2007 and above you are able to move a single Index volume/s to a different location from the VAC.

Go into the properties of the Archive, Index Volumes tab, click on Change Location.

This only changes the location in the SQL database, you still need to manually copy the files themselves to a new location.  If you don't do this, next time the Index is accessed (via search or archiving) it will attempt to update/rebuild the index.

doctortt
Level 6
Thanks. I will test it out.

doctortt
Level 6

I went there: Go into the properties of the Archive, Index Volumes tab, click on Change Location.

I can only select the index server.

EV_Guru
Level 4
Partner

Yes, you have these choices:

- over the admin console, archive, indexes

- in sql tables (but not supported anyway)

It is not too hard to do.

www.longerich.com