cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client 10.0.3 with a View desktop

Edyxx
Level 5

Hello All,

We use Enterprise Vault (offline cache) feature in a VMware View 5.1 environment. Users are using View desktop to connect when there are not in the office. In the office they use EV with the personal computer.

EV works okay with View, but I'm curious why EV doesn't automaticall connect with the server. We have to initiate manually the synchronizing process to upload items in cache when one archive in a View desktop.

I'm curious what could be difference between a physical desktop and a view desktop. I don't think there are network issues.

Thanks,

Edy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EdLacey
Level 5
Certified

That's correct, pretty standard thing to do in a thin client environment. Does this resolve your problem?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Check page 23 of the compatibility charts ...  the usage of 'offline' access as you call it, Vault Cache etc.. is not supported on thin clients.

Working for cloudficient.com

Edyxx
Level 5

Okay, but the thin client is always online and never offline. 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So, what's the actual problem?

And have you got a client trace?

Working for cloudficient.com

Edyxx
Level 5

With client trace you mean the log?

Well the actual problem is in the vault cache properties it says "Synchroniztation failed". On a office desktop it is always connected. The question is why it fails 

Go I to the details tab and hit "Synchronize" button, it synchs with the server fine.

Thanks,

Edy

EdLacey
Level 5
Certified

You'll probably need to amend your policies and provisioning groups so those users who log onto View desktops don't get Vault Cache but if your users logon to both View and their own PC's then you'll probably have to use the RemoveOfflineVault reg key on the View desktops

Page 276 for RemoveOfflineVault reg key - http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6592

Edyxx
Level 5

Thanks for this reference. I believe this key remove the cache from Outlook.

EdLacey
Level 5
Certified

That's correct, pretty standard thing to do in a thin client environment. Does this resolve your problem?

Edyxx
Level 5

Actually I was hoping there is a way not to disable vault cache in a think client