cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring MSMQ on Windows Server 2008 R2 cluster for Enterprise Vault 99.0.3

leemoon
Level 2

Hi all!

I need help regarding configuring MSMQ on Windows Server 2008 R2 cluster for Enterprise Vault 9.0.3. We have created the Client Access Point (Cluster Resource) with apropriate parameters for Client Access Point (Cluster Resource) for EV Virtual server (this will be one server and one failover server scenario). Now we need to create clustered MSMQ resource. Failover Cluster on Windows Server 2008 R2 allows an "Application" for MSMQ to be created as separate resource (Client Access Point)  in cluster, but also as a part of EV Virtual server cluster resource (Client Access Point). So, my question is where to put it, inside already created resource for EV Virtual Server or as a separate resource on cluster. (in both cases it should be dependent on disks shared for nodes for MSMQ data and client access point of EV virtual server)? The documentation (installation guide) is not clear in this matter.

If someone can help as soon as possible it would be great.

Thanks to all in advance!

Misko

4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

When you have Enterprise Vault (EV) in  clustered it  requires the clustered MSMQ and mostly is installed in the Ev virtual server itself.

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

You should create a MSMQ cluster group and put EV Virtual server in that ClusterGroup, other wise you will have issue, the MSMQ what work correctly, I had that problem 3 month ago, I not sure but I think the EV didn´t not recognized MSMQ as cluster, I'm sorry for not remember the error.

leemoon
Level 2

Ok. W2008 R2 Cluster does not have the term Cluster Group. Client Access Point is used instead. So, according to your post I should put the EV Virtual server and clustered MSMQ inside the SAME Client Access Point (same Cluster Group term)?

Itegral
Level 6

Gents, just to understand accurately, please stamp understanding;

I am creating a Client Access Point (Server 2008 x64 R2) and adding MSMQ as a clustered shared resource on it. I'll also be adding another sahred resource to hold the Shopping service etc.

Is that a rightr approach?