cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Monitoring EV8 fails

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

On one site EV80SP4, 1 active, 1 dr-server, W2008R2, SQL2005SP3, Exchange2007SP2

Created an account to be used for monitoring. VSA is local admin

When logged in as VSA on active ev-server, trying to configure monitoring:

Start Operations Manager WebApp configuration

Enter domain - xx.domain.com

Username - xx.monitoringuser

Password - password

Gives error - invalid user, specify credentials of the monitoring user. I've doublechecked, username and password are correct. I clicked Configure a few times, but that does not help.  

In the logfile, I see this:

(MonitoringWebAppConfig){WebAppConfigForm.GetFullyQualifiedDomainName} An error is encountered when resolving hostNameSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

I've tried configuring this using the VSA, but that fails with several errors (like adding the VSA to the IIS_USR group, setting permissions on the registrykey etc)

I've done the same for 6 other sites without problems. Does anyone have an idea where to look? As this is on W2008R2, I am not too sure about how to work with IIS. It looks like everything is configured properly.

Thanks in advance

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

Looks like the user account for monitoring is in a wrong container in AD. Possibly gets wrong policies or something.

Will ask to have account moved to users container

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling

I had a similar issue a few months ago but can't recall 100% how I resolved it.  Can you try entering the username in email format?  (user@domain.com)

GertjanA

Looks like the user account for monitoring is in a wrong container in AD. Possibly gets wrong policies or something.

Will ask to have account moved to users container

Regards. Gertjan