cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Indexes from 32bit to 64bit

PoorAdmin
Level 6

We have recently upgraded from EV 9 to EV 10.0.4. We still have the 32bit indexes that have not been converted. We are now wanting to move to EV 11. My question is, do the 32bit index need to be converted before moving to EV 11 or is this even an issue at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

it's not a requirement to upgrade your indexes before going to EV 11 but maybe run through the process with a few just to test and make sure everything is good with your EV 10 upgrade before moving forward.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AndrewB

it's not a requirement to upgrade your indexes before going to EV 11 but maybe run through the process with a few just to test and make sure everything is good with your EV 10 upgrade before moving forward.

Nate_D1
Level 6
I am just curious, is there a reason not to upgrade them to 64bit?

AndrewB

my only guess would be time or disk space if they have a large environment

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Benefits of 64-bit indexes are worth the convert.

I have a networking team in the building that now can search on ip-address (using 123.456.789.012) and finding the exact phrase. Not upgrading would mean they would find everything having 123, and/or 456 and/or 789 and/or 012.

They went back from finding 550 mails to finding 4 (and matching).

You also need to take in account that not only it improves search for the user, it might be required also for future features of EV. You'll need to upgrade at one time. I found that doing the upgrade based on the amount of items is really helpfull. First do the smallest ones, and work your way up. I have not run into issues in any of the 10 EV-sites I am supporting.

Regards. Gertjan

PoorAdmin
Level 6

It's just an issue of time. I really like and appreciate your comment. Thank you very much.

AndrewB

good questions. glad you were able to get some guidance from us. are you confortable to move forward now?

PoorAdmin
Level 6

Yes, I have started converting some on the indexes and I am reading the 11 upgrade doc now. Thanks again.