cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decommissioned Exchange server before A1 queue had finished.

Gill
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

One of my customers has removed their old Exchange server before EV was able to finish all outstanding work. This Exchange server hasn't been removed from VAC. Only the archiving task has been disabled. A1 queue has around 31000 entries. Which means there might be around 31000 items waiting in Pending mode.

Now that Exchange server is gone, and all the mailboxes are moved to another Exchange server. This new Exchange server is already setup as target in EV by customer.

SQL query shows 86 mailboxes still associated with the old Exchange server.

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT *
FROM   ExchangeMailboxEntry
WHERE ExchangeServerIdentity = '11'

Is there any way I can associate these mailboxes to new Exchange server? New Exchange server has ExchangeServerIdentity = 17.

Thanks guys!

7 REPLIES 7

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/25-million-objects-a1-queue-and-event-2850-eventlogs

Above thread has info on how to 'fix'.

Good luck

Regards. Gertjan

Maverik
Level 6

Hi,

You may want to revieew this article.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH50256

Basically you will need to delete these entries really from the ExchangeMailboxEntry table and run provisioning against the users again to re-populate these users for the correct Exchnage server.  The article should help you clean up the old entries for the old exchange server also if not done already.

Gill
Level 4
Partner Accredited

GertjanA: Should i go for the following as suggested By Tony Sterling?

"you should purge the queue and then run the archive task in report mode to reset the pending items."

ArchivingCentral: Could you please elaborate your suggestion?

Thanks both of you.

GertjanA

Hello Gill,

Tony's suggestion is the one I ment yes. This will take care of converting 'pending archiving' shortcuts back to normal mailicons, which then get archived in the next run.

You have to check the mailbox policy, to see if the 'pending shortcut time-out' is set to 0 (which means it resets when task run in report mode), sync mailboxes first if you change this.

As for Archiving Centrals, this is a sort of manual check to see if all is indeed correctly deleted. After you have performed the actions in the note I sent, follow the technote Archiving Central gave, and verify all is well.

Regards. Gertjan

Gill
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks GertjanA.

I have already set the Pending Shortcut timeout = 0.

Synchronizing = updating hidden message on Exchange server. But This exchange server is gone. It's not in domain anymore.

Should I still go ahead solution?

Thanks.

GertjanA

Synchronizing is synchronziing the hidden message in the MAILBOX of the users. Doesn't matter where the mailbox is, as long as the exchangeserver is targeted, and the users are in a provisioning group..

Regards. Gertjan

Gill
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Sorry, my bad!

Will try and let you know...