cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete EV ShortCuts Exchange Mailbox

Codec
Level 3

Hello all,

I'm trying to delete or view the result of EV Shortcuts in a user mailbox with the follwowing commands:

Search-Mailbox -Identity UserName -SearchQuery "IPM.NOTE.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut" -DeleteContent

or

Search-Mailbox -Identity UserName -SearchQuery "IPM.NOTE.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut" --EstimateResultOnly

With Enterprise Vault 9.0.1.1073 and Exchange 2010 sp3 those commands works fine to delete or show the result for all the EV shortcuts in a mailbox. If I'm

executing this commands on an environment with Enterprise Vault 11.01 and Exchange Server 2013 CU8 the output is: ResultItemsCount: 0 even if there are

thousands of ev shorcuts in the mailbox.  

Thank you all in advance, any information would be very helpful.

Regards,

Tom

8 REPLIES 8

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

maybe something in your Exchange 2013 environment like impersonation permissions for the account you're using? i dont think it has anything to do with EV though.

Codec
Level 3

Thank you very much for your answer.

I already have the propper permissions (Discovery Management). However I'm actually not receiving any error message, the command is successful, except no EV shortcuts can be found.

Probably this is an Exchange 2013 problem as you said.

Regards,

Tom

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

maybe you need to add messageclass?  

Search-Mailbox -Identity "*****" -SearchQuery ‘MessageClass:"IPM.NOTE.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut"’ -DeleteContent

AndrewB

i tried all sorts of variations of the search-mailbox command in my lab with Exchange 2013 and cant get it to return results even just searching for a subject or just a word straight up following the MS technet article. strange thing is if i dont use the SearchQuery parameter, it does come back and report on the full item count of the mailbox.

i found this other page where someone wrote a powershell script to delete EV shortcuts. hope it helps

http://eightwone.com/2013/05/16/removing-messages-by-message-class-from-mailbox/

Remmedi
Level 2

I have the same issue here, I think this is a bug in Exchange 2013.

If I'm not using the SearchQuery parameter I get an error message.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have once deleted all EV shortcuts in an Exchange environment that has been migrated to Office 365 (Also Exchange 2013).

Used the following command:

get-mailbox | Search-Mailbox  -SearchQuery "This message has been archived" -DeleteContent

First i ran some test mailboxed, without the -deletecontent to make sure only EV messages were selected, and in my case, that was a fact.

Remmedi
Level 2

I try the command with "This message has been archived" and its the same behavior as before in my environment, I'm not getting back any results, just 0 ResultItemsCount and 0 ResultItemsSize

AndrewB

have you considered the other option i provided for you in my post last week?