cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying Enterprise Vault client

pembridged
Level 3

Hi,

I'm looking to deploy the Enterprise Vault client silently and I wondering if it is possible to also silently install the vault cache client as part of the deployment?

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

in the Exchange Desktop policy you can control how VC is enabled. You can also customise settings from the Advanced tab of the policy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pembridged
Level 3

Thanks for response, just wondering if there's a way to make the Vault Cache configuration silent also?

Cheers,

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

in the Exchange Desktop policy you can control how VC is enabled. You can also customise settings from the Advanced tab of the policy

Brian_Spooner
Level 5

I think I'm trying to do the same thing as the original poster.. I currently have two Exchange policies... Default Exchange and Virtual Vault. All users except some test users are in the default policy. We want to move all users over to the Virtual Vault policy but I need to make it so it's transparent to the user. When I tested Virtual Vault before, in Outlook I had to go to Tools, Enterprise Vault, Vault Cache properties, Virtual Vault and check the checkbox next to my Vault to enable it.

Which particular policy option makes this manual step unnecessary? In Exchange policy properties..under Vault Cache tab there is an option to "Automatically enable" vault cache -- but I don't think that turns on Virtual Vault?

Under Advanced, Virtual Vault I see no option to automatically enable it. Does this one step in Outlook have to be done manually by the users?

P.S. Any performance issues with enabling Virtual Vault for all users at once (~1000)?

pembridged
Level 3

Hi playing with the advanced settings in the Vault Cache under the desktop policy and you can pretty much hide all the option, however still can't get rid of the window that pops up but getting the users to click on two buttons is not too much of an issue.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Make sure you sync the mailboxes after making the chage in the policy

FlyingBus
Level 4

To do this I set the following options in the vault cache advanced options of the desktop policy.

Show setup wizard : OFF

Show download reminder : online

Lock for download item limit : on

Download item limit : 0 (download all) and the download limit is 40% of free space.

Vault cache is set to automatically enable with registry disable for citrix/desktops and virtual vault is set to require a vault cache.

This way I only give it to laptop users. I'm testing it now and everything works as intended, when a laptop user starts up with a brand new login, the vault cache starts downloading pretty much right away (maybe a minute delay I think this can be changed) on a restart of outlook, virtual vault shows up.

EDIT: always sync the mailboxes after changing these policies before checking if they work!

EDIT: strange, when I did the above yesterday, my virtual vault was enabled. However now today, with no changes it's not there. I have to go and manually turn it on today. I want to auto enable it for the entire company. Is this possible? (version 8 SP4)