cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 2007 SP5 or 8.0?

EDU
Level 4
I'm running EV 2007 SP3. Should I bother with Enterprise Vault for Exchange 2007 SP5, or just wait a bit longer and go with 8.0?

Is there anything with 2007 SP3 that I'll need to get onto SP5 in the short term?

Any thoughts or opinions welcome!

Regards,
Ethan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
From my view, there is no question. Wait for 8SP1 and go for it, there are so many more benifits.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
This depends on your needs. I'd suggest that you read the release notes of 7.5 SP4 / SP5, and then you would have to decide if you can live without the fixes/additions. I personally recommend to upgrade to the latest SP from time to time, to stay up2date. Now, that EV8 SP1 is out, there is no need to wait longer before going to 8 ;) Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Depending on what your needs are in regards to storage you may well benefit from EV 8.  Additionally, Vault Cache is a pretty nice improvement over the old Offline Vault and not to mention the new DA and CA.

I would recommend a long look at EV 8 to take advantage of what it has to offer so you only have to upgrade once.

Regards,

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
From my view, there is no question. Wait for 8SP1 and go for it, there are so many more benifits.