cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 7.0 Problem with archiving

76_Xenofontos_S
Level 2
Hi,

I have just installed the EV 7.0 on W2k3 R2 Server. I set it up for mail archiving following the instructions in the .pdf manual. I used an account for archiving and then waited for the results. Everything went fine. The attachment weren't appear in the clients' Outlook and I could restore and store the mails succesfully after installing the Users Extensions. After 1 day i begun to add additional mail accounts in the Targets tab in the Provioning group. Exactly the same procedure like the 1st account. Then I went to check the mails after installing the Users Extensions in another user. And since then I face the following problem:

1. The "archived" mails seems to be archived because the envelope is closed, like the unread status of a mail, but the subject is not bold. Ok until now. When I open the archived email, I can see the attachment!!!! I ran to the 1st users' PC and I saw that everything is still working fine!!! Question: How is this happening? Why the 2nd users' archived mails (shortcuts) includes the attachment? I feel that it is archived but still i see the original mail.

2.  Continuing to the 2nd user PC. I tried to store an "archived" mail to the Vault and received the following message : " Unable to archive the selected items because they are already stored in the Vault.". Ok then, it is already archived i thought and I tried to restore it. I got the following message : " Unable to restore because you have not selected any archived items. Please select at least one archived item and try again." NOT ARCHIVED??? What is going wrong?

I am still checking to the 1st users' PC and it is working perfectly. Can somebody help me what is going wrong here? I am checking the the Exchange Store and it is getting bigger and bigger in size. I am checking the mailboxes size in my Exchange Server and it is not getting smaller!!!!

This is quite urgent and I hope that someone have faced the same problem in the past.

Thank you in advanced,
George
0 REPLIES 0