cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8.02 SP3 - How to determine files and user

jfarber-123
Level 4
In testing BE 2010 I did a test backup of my EV server. When I looked at the media I could see all of the EV components, but no user names. So, for example I could see a folder "2010" and then "23, 24," etc. How do I match these to users ? I remember there was a key sequence in OWA that would tell you the folder and files that we attached to the user's vault but I don't remember how it was done. In any case, is that how you match up the folders and files that are backed up to a user account ?

Thanks,

Jacob
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You can't match them to users unfortunately as all users in a particular vault store get mixed, so you can have thousands of people all storing to
E:\Enterprise Vault Stores\Users Vault Store\Ptn1\2010\ etc

this is why you cannot do user level restores with enterprise vault

It is possible to do a look up based on the file names of the DVS's and DVSSP's to see who they would belong to, but it would be a tedious chore to do it on a grander scale
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You can't match them to users unfortunately as all users in a particular vault store get mixed, so you can have thousands of people all storing to
E:\Enterprise Vault Stores\Users Vault Store\Ptn1\2010\ etc

this is why you cannot do user level restores with enterprise vault

It is possible to do a look up based on the file names of the DVS's and DVSSP's to see who they would belong to, but it would be a tedious chore to do it on a grander scale
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

jfarber-123
Level 4
That is too bad.

I guess I misunderstood what the EV backup agent could do. At least it highlights the EV components and all.

Thanks for the reply.

Jacob