cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8 Bulk Archive Moves...?

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
We are still using 7.5 in our organisation. I am aware there is an archive move feature in version 8, but is it possible to bult move archives from one server to another? I would like to do some load balancing of the numbers of archives across our EV servers.

Thanks,

Jeremy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Thanks for you answers. Guys, I have spoken with Symantec and they have confirmed this functionailty will be in a future release. It looks to be in 8 SP4. As I mentioned before this is not a problem as we are only just starting to think about the upgrade and by the time we actually do it SP4 will be out in the wild.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Jeremy

Older versions you have to use http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273232.htm

As for your version, talk to MichelZ. VCare has a tool called archive-shuttle. That should do the trick.
Regards. Gertjan

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Thanks GertjanA,

It looks like the archive-shuttle is over kill for my needs since I am not migrating from one EV system to another, or migrating an aquired company into my environment. I am just looking to load balance the number of archives between my six servers. Some are carrying more than twice the load of others.

Jeremy.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi You will not he able to do this without using 3rd party utils. The most popular are archive shuttle by us (www.evtools.net) (which Wayne will recommend to you, too :) ) or TransVault. For integrated functionality, you would need to upgrade to 8sp3 and wait until move archive is officially released. Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Thanks MichelZ,

This is not too much of a problem since we are still running on 7.5 and will not get to upgrading until at least Q2 2010.

Jeremy.

JesusWept3
Level 6
MichelZ, i think its a bit disingenuous to say it can't be done with out 3rd party tools as the PST export/import is the traditional method
albeit a slow and cumbersome one, EV does have the ability to do that

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

MichelZ
Level 6
If you consider this "Bulk Archive Move" functionality, then OK, it is possible...

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Thanks for you answers. Guys, I have spoken with Symantec and they have confirmed this functionailty will be in a future release. It looks to be in 8 SP4. As I mentioned before this is not a problem as we are only just starting to think about the upgrade and by the time we actually do it SP4 will be out in the wild.