Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8 - delegated permission cannot sync to archived email

Andy_Chong
Level 4
Partner

Dear Support

I have a question on the EV8.

The manager mailbox was delegate the permission to his Secretary. So the Secretary can access his mailbox normally. However, after the email was archive, the Secretary need to enter user name and password to open archived email each time. That’s mean if she need to check 10 archive email, she need to login 10 times.

I have check the Synchronize folder permissions in the mailbox policy is “ON”. And the Mailbox properties and permission checkbox in mailbox archive task was enable.

How would I synchronize the delegated permission to the archived email so she don’t need to login on each email?

Thanks

Best Regards

Andy Chong

8 REPLIES 8

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

If the secretary can access the archived items by entering the permissions then it's not a synchronization problem but an authentication issue.

Is the EV server added to the local intranet sites in IE?

-Karl

Andy_Chong
Level 4
Partner

Hi, Karl.  Thanks for you to correct my direction

Yes, I have add the EV server to the intranet site in IE in the client machine. There are something else can check in IE or EV server?

Andy_Chong
Level 4
Partner

And the secretary access her archive email don't need to login. She just need to login when access the manager archive email.

Thanks

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

How many EV (Storage) servers do you have?  Is the archive for the secretary and manager on the same EV server?  If not have you added all servers in IE?

-Karl

Andy_Chong
Level 4
Partner

I only have one EV server and added in IE already. Thanks

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

any chance to get a client trace when they're trying to open the item?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Andy_Chong
Level 4
Partner

How to trace in client side?

Thanks

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

You may need to do this for the secretary from their machine:

1. Open Outlook

2. Hold Shift+Ctrl and click one of the Enterprise Vault toolbar buttons.

3. Select Maximum Tracing and click OK

4. Restart Outlook

5. Repeat the operations that are causing the issues.

6. To open the log file hold Ctrol and click one of the Enterprise Vault toobar buttons.

<Repeat steps and select Information only to turn off tracing>

Regards

Karl