cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9 SP2 console problem on Terminal server

dksoft
Level 4

Hi!

I try to install the EV mmc console on Windows 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Session host (Terminal server) and even if i put it manually (using "change user /install") in installation mode i get an error: "This server is running Teminal Service. Before you install Enterprise Vault you must place the Terminal Server into install mode..." In the same window i see 3 steps to do it (Change user /install, Run Setup.exe, Change user /execute)

I also tried to go to control panel and run instllation using TS application installation Wizard.... getting the same error.

Any help will be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dksoft
Level 4

Switching to english interface fixed my problem!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have you tried connecting to the console session (or equivalent in Windows 2008 R2 parlance)

Working for cloudficient.com

dksoft
Level 4

There is no console session in windows 2008 r2. The console session (known as Session 0) was removed by Microsoft for the security reason... :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay let me see if I can install it here.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay I get the screenshot that you described :

However if I run an admin command prompt, and execute :

change user /install

... and leave the command prompt open, and re-run setup.exe from the Enterprise Vault installation folder, I can get the VAC installed (provided the .Net pre-reqs etc are satisified).  I can do the same even if I close the command prompt..

So... possible differences.  I'm logged in at the console (as the vault service account, who is a local administrator), rather than running a remote desktop session to the server.  I am install the Enterprise Vault VAC from a network share.

dksoft
Level 4

Thank you for your responce Dob. I will try today to go directly to the server (via iLO interface) and run setup.

I keep you informed about results...

dksoft
Level 4

No! The same error when installing from console...

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So please elaborate on the steps.

dksoft
Level 4

Terminal server is installed in french lang. I'm waiting that someone install the Eng. lang. pack and i will try again later today...

I think this may be a cause

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay

dksoft
Level 4

Switching to english interface fixed my problem!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I am glad it is sorted.  Worth noting I guess for the people that install the VAC this way :)