cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Access from Exchange Online & migration

Clouded
Not applicable

Hi,

In an O365 Exchange hybrid migration, once a mailbox is migrated from Exchange on-prem to Exchange Online is it still possible for a user to access their archived mail in EV?  Will stubs still work?  I've searched but can't find an answer.

For migrating EV to Exchange Online, I've seen TransVault and Archive Shuttle mentioned, has anyone got any migration feedback on these providers (or other providers)?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Provided hidden messages were migrated, and that the user still has access to the EV server, yes, the stubs/shortcuts will still work.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Provided hidden messages were migrated, and that the user still has access to the EV server, yes, the stubs/shortcuts will still work.

Working for cloudficient.com

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

To follow up on what Rob said, as long as the hidden message is present and the EV Add-in is active in Outlook the shortcuts will work to view archived items but this is short-term.  If the hidden message corrupts, something happens with the users Outlook and the add-in becomes inactive, etc. the user will no longer be able to recall archived items.

If you want some more info on Archive Shuttle you can PM me and we can set something up.

Best,

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the short answer is no. while there might be a suitable temporary workaround, you can't restore archived emails from EV to O365 natively so migrations are really the best option. you asked about TransVault and Archive Shuttle. as a migration partner and EV consulting firm, we've done tons of migrations and used both technologies. i can tell you from experience that they are both solid. keep in mind that migrations can be rather complex undertakings regardless of which tool you use so expect to engage professional services if you want to ensure a successful outcome.