cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Error :- cannot connect to Webserver

Sanjay_Mishra
Level 2

Dear All,

I am trying to connect EV vault but whenever I try to restore or access the emails from Valut, I get the error "

Reason: Cannot contact the web server. Try again later. Unknown error 0x80072F19"  I have tried from multiple machines but this works only from one machine and from other machines it do not work.

I have tried disablind firwall and also tried putting machine outside the firwall but still I am unable to access.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you give some details about the machine it works from?

Such as, are you using rpc over http?

What version of Outlook and Windows?

Also, can you grab a client trace on the machine it fails on?

This issue was seen in the past and it had to do with IE checking the server certificate.  You could try this:

1. Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced

2. De-Select Check for server certificate revocation.

3. Restart Outlook.

then try and restore or view the item.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

can you access the server by typing http://evsitealias.domain.local/enterprisevault?

Can you ping the EV Server?

Can you telnet the EV server with port 80?

Is DNS working OK and configured correctly on all of the cleint machine and EV server?

TonySterling

Can you give some details about the machine it works from?

Such as, are you using rpc over http?

What version of Outlook and Windows?

Also, can you grab a client trace on the machine it fails on?

This issue was seen in the past and it had to do with IE checking the server certificate.  You could try this:

1. Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced

2. De-Select Check for server certificate revocation.

3. Restart Outlook.

then try and restore or view the item.

Sanjay_Mishra
Level 2

Hello Tony,

The Machine where EV is working is Windows 2k3 with Outlook 2007 and on this system Check for server certificate revocation was deslected.

On Machine where EV is not working is with Windows XP & Outlook 2007 and here Check for server certificate revocation is also deslected, here I went ahead and  I tried Deselecting Publisher Certificate Revocation and EV started working after that.

Any Idea what are these options and why are they behaving differentlt on two machines?

TonySterling

Glad to hear that it is now working.

As to the different behaviour, what version of Internet Explorer are you using? 

Sanjay_Mishra
Level 2

I am using IE 8.0 on both the systems

R_Meeker
Level 4

Sanjay

Your comment doesn't actually make sense.

You have said the XP machine setting was "also deselected" and yet you went ahead and deselected it? just clarify what you actually did please.

Also, do you normally run outlook clients on a Windows 2k3 server or is this actually the EVServer?

Sanjay_Mishra
Level 2

Meeker,

There are 2 Options in IE Security Settings.

1. Check for server Certificate Revocation

2.Check for Publishers Certificate Revocation.

And I had mentioned that on XP Machine, "Check for server Certificate Revocation" was already deselected so I Just tried also deslecting  Check for Publishers Certificate Revocation.and this solved the issue.