Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV NetBackup Migration Question

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We want to migrate all files older than 2 years from a Vault Store Partition.

We have enabled collections with settings - Collect files older than 2 years.

Under migration Tab what should we select in "Migrate files older than: ?" 2 years or 0 days? Note says "Enter the age at which collection files will be migrated" 

Very confusing.

4 REPLIES 4

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Without directly testing this, I would say the logic is based on the lower value than matching the Collections time. 

Per the online help:

"Migrate files older than. Enter the amount of time that must elapse since files were last modified before they are eligible for migration"

I hope this helps.

Chris_Warren
Level 5

I would however suggest not setting this to 0. I'd give it a couple of days for backups and validation - 2-3 days should be good.

Chris_Warren
Level 5

Did the above information help you?  Did you have any further questions regarding this?

Thanks!

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

"Migrate files older than. Enter the amount of time that must elapse since files were last modified before they are eligible for migration"

For example if we want to migarte files older than 2 years, we know that all files were more than 2 years old, however we have just enabled collection and files werere collected recently, does it means that the files were collected recently has a differrent modified date and will not be Migrated?

Many Thanks