Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Sizing Estimator Journal Archiving

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi ,

Can someone provide clarification on the storage for Exchange Journal Archiving requirements provided by the EV 10 Sizing estimator v1.5?

Are the values additional to those for SteadyState or are these inclusive of SteadyState? or as I suspect, its a case of both, that is, depending on the vault store sharing configuration it would be one or the other?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Backlog and SteadyState refer to mailbox archiving.  Journal Archiving assumes a SteadyState since there is no "backlog" (existing mail in the mailbox).  If you are doing both Mailbox archiving and Journal archiving then the storage is additive (with a percentage reduction for single-instance storage).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry, but I have read your question a few times but still don't understand exactly what you are referring to.

Are you Journaling and Mailbox archiving?

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Yes, I'm archiving and archiving the journal mailbox.

So rephrase the questions: In addition to Backlog, steadystate and pst migration, the EV sizing estimator provides additional Mailbox Journal archiving storage requirements (On the storage summary tab).

Are the storage requirement values presented under mailbox Journal archiving additional to those required for SteadyState and backlog archiving, or are these values inclusive of SteadyState and backlog requirements?

or as I suspect, is it a case of, depending on the vault store sharing configuration, would be one or the other?

I don't know how to make the question clearer :(

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Backlog and SteadyState refer to mailbox archiving.  Journal Archiving assumes a SteadyState since there is no "backlog" (existing mail in the mailbox).  If you are doing both Mailbox archiving and Journal archiving then the storage is additive (with a percentage reduction for single-instance storage).