cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Timing Issue Saveset Compression

web_rene
Not applicable
Hi,

I hope someone can help we. We have some problems with a EV 7.2 Installation and the Archiving into a WORM.
The WORM is set up, so it will set the Files to RO after a time X after they are written completely.
Unfortunatelly, this behavior brings us lots of "Saveset compression failed" error messages ( Error ID 6824  ).

Since I don't now the exact behavior of EV in this case, could perhaps someone help me?

The question is: when and where exactly does saveset compression happen and is there a possibility to adjust this time somehow? 
Furthermore, since we have a lot of these Errors now, is there a possibility to run a check over the Stored files to make sure they are valid?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I assume you mean EV 7 sp 2?

Do you have sharing enabled on your vault store partition?  If yes you will need to disable it.  In the version you are on some changes were made to the dvs file when sharing was enabled.  This has changed in EV 8 and is improved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I assume you mean EV 7 sp 2?

Do you have sharing enabled on your vault store partition?  If yes you will need to disable it.  In the version you are on some changes were made to the dvs file when sharing was enabled.  This has changed in EV 8 and is improved.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I believe with the information that you have provided that this may be down to SIS and the fact that you are on EV7 SP2. So are you saying that your primary storage is a WORM device? If so what WORM device as this could be your issue.

The thing is that before EV8 when we performed SIS we would make changes to the DVS file itself which obviously is not possible. In EV8 our complete SIS architecture was re-engineered and improved substantially meaning that WORM devices would now work from a SIS perspective as we do not make changes to the physical file itself but now make the changes within the SQL database via fingerprints.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Oops did not see your reply Tony but always there 10 minutes behind :) Sorry did not get to ctach up with you that weekend in Sydney but as it was my last one over there for a month I had a whole load of crap to do.