Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV VCS on Win 2012

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I'm going to install an Enterprise Vault VCS on Win 2012 and, after we have run the Ev cluster server wizard where we have configured the msmq on the shared disk (M:\MSMQ), we're going to run enterprise vault cluster configuration wizard on the first node.

Have I to set the same path for the queue (M:\MSMQ)? Or M:\MSMQ\storage that is already created?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i would have to double check but just recalling from memory, it sounds redundant to have to run the EV cluster wizard if you're using VCS. i think you run the EV config from the HA config new server menu and select to config a new EV server with cluster support. once you complete the setup on the first node you run the config wizard on the second node and choose to add the node to an existing cluster.

in case you dont already have it, there's a storage foundation guide for EV that lists these things out too. i believe there's a config wizard for msmq as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB

just curious but are you following the VCS implementation guide for EV?

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

yes, there's no written this information

AndrewB

i would have to double check but just recalling from memory, it sounds redundant to have to run the EV cluster wizard if you're using VCS. i think you run the EV config from the HA config new server menu and select to config a new EV server with cluster support. once you complete the setup on the first node you run the config wizard on the second node and choose to add the node to an existing cluster.

in case you dont already have it, there's a storage foundation guide for EV that lists these things out too. i believe there's a config wizard for msmq as well.

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

It was related to permission problem :)

By the way Andrew thanks as always