cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV and Citrix

bsteiner
Level 3
We're running EV 7.0 for exchange on a windows 2003 sp1 server.  Everything works fine except in citrix.  We have been working on this issue for a long time (almost a year) with both Symantec and Microsoft.  Neither have been much help.  Someone else must have ran into our problem even though Symantec and MS tell us everything should be working fine.

Our problem is that when a citrix user opens a vaulted item (we're using outlook 2000 on our citrix farm) they are given an error message.  "Microsoft Outlook can't profie form scripting support.  Microsoft Outlook cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1635."  After the user clicks OK the message appears again. After they click OK a second time, the mail opens fine.  outlvbs.dll is there.  If I move outlvbs.dll out of the office folder and open a piece of vaulted mail, I get the same error messages but the mail does not open correctly, it only shows the first part of the message and links the attachment.  So I know that outlvbs.dll is working.  I've tried different dll files from fresh installs of office on machines that do not have citrix or terminal services on them.

I've read countless things online about this error and have found nothing besides putting outlvbs.dll in the office folder.  All I want to do is make the error message go away, the vaulted mail actually opens like it should after the user clicks OK on the error messages.  Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The issue is that the dll isn't going to be there by default.

This Msft KB tells how to copy it over:

Method 1: Copy the Outlvbs.dll file to existing installations<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>loadTOCNode(2, 'workaround');</SCRIPT> To do this, follow these steps: 1. Copy the Outlvbs.dll file from a computer that is not running Microsoft Outlook on a Terminal Server. 2. Copy the Outlvbs.dll file to the Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 folder of the affected Terminal Server computer.

Note If the Terminal Server is running Microsoft Office 2003, copy the Outlvbs.dll file to the Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11 folder. If the Terminal Server is running 2007 Microsoft Office programs, copy the Outlvbs.dll file to the Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 folder.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,
You certainly need to be pushing this with Microsoft.  Symantec won't be able to help resolve it, unless we've perhaps seen another customer with this issue before, and it doesn't ring a bell with me.

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
and
There was an extra fix of needing to delete the following registry key:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\9040210900063D11C8EF00054038389C
"OutlookVBScript"
This seems to have fixed it when I had the same issue as you.

Hope it helps

bsteiner
Level 3
Thanks Andra!  Deleting that registry key seems to have worked, atleast on a test citrix server it did.

doctortt
Level 6
Hi there. I'm new to Enterprise Vault and am experiencing the same problem. I looked at the Microsoft article, but I couldn't find Outlvbs.dll. Can someone help?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The issue is that the dll isn't going to be there by default.

This Msft KB tells how to copy it over:

Method 1: Copy the Outlvbs.dll file to existing installations<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>loadTOCNode(2, 'workaround');</SCRIPT> To do this, follow these steps: 1. Copy the Outlvbs.dll file from a computer that is not running Microsoft Outlook on a Terminal Server. 2. Copy the Outlvbs.dll file to the Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 folder of the affected Terminal Server computer.

Note If the Terminal Server is running Microsoft Office 2003, copy the Outlvbs.dll file to the Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11 folder. If the Terminal Server is running 2007 Microsoft Office programs, copy the Outlvbs.dll file to the Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 folder.

doctortt
Level 6
I could only find Outlvbs.dll from the Office 2000 CD but not Office 2003. Why? I copied the file to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 11 directory. However, when I launch Outlook, I get "This application has failed to start because MSO9.DLL was not found."

Why?

doctortt
Level 6
I removed the Outlvbs.dll file that I copied and tried to open a message in Outlook.  When the error mesasge came up and aske me if I wanted to install it, I clicked Yes.  MS Office 2003 Windows Installer did its thing, and it fixed it.

doctortt
Level 6
Wops. I spoke too soon. It didn't work.
I'm still stuck with

"Microsoft Office Outlook can't provide form scripting support. Thie feature is not cu rrently installed. Would you like to install it now."

doctortt
Level 6
Found another post on this forum, and deleting the registry key worked.

• Delete the following registry Key
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\9040210900063D11C8EF00054038389C "OutlookVBScript"