cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV client deployment suggestion

John_Santana
Level 6

People,

Tomorrow I'm going to upgrade the EV v10 to v11.0.4 on the server side, I guess it is just a simple Next-Next-Finish wizard to follow.

But now the problem is how to automatically upgrade the hundreds of EV client installed on users outlook ?

At the moment the majority of the EV client is on v9.0 with Outlook 2010 and some other newer laptop is running with mixed of EV10 on Outlook 2013/2016.

Sadly there is no SCCM or Altiris to do the deployment so I wonder if anyone here know what to automatically upgrade all ev client to v11.0.4 on all Outlook 2010-2013-2016 users company wide ?

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Without a central distribution tool, that is a challenge I believe.

Are users local admin on their machines? If not, then you definitely have a problem. That then requires an install by someone who has admin rights. Perhaps you can do something with a 'run as', not sure.

Perhaps you can have a custom login script to install? Perhaps you can place the install on a share, and inform people via e-mail to run it? How are you going to verify everyone has the latest version?

After a quick initial check, I believe the next best thing is to install it using a GPO. That seems to bypass the need to have local admin rights.

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This might assist: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000081526

Regards. Gertjan