Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV mail app

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

We have installed the mail app for EV on two users running on the exchange 2013 server. But the users are unable to access their archived email. The open up the enterprise vault app and the receive Initialization failed.

I have follwed the troubleshooting guide but all seems fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Which version of EV is this? And can you explain the steps in more detail?

Working for cloudficient.com

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Sure.

EV 10.0.4

Sorry I forgot to mention that this is for OWA. They are using the client for the desktops.

basically followed the guide from Symantec for enabling users for mail app.

Followed the Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault office mail app. Everything seems fine.

When users click on the mail app they get the Initialization failed message in the mail app. I cannot access the client logs due to the fact that I cannot click on the help button etc.

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I might have missed something during the troubleshooting.

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Rdosramos,

I would suggest to check first, basic requirement as per TN

"Additional requirements on Enterprise Vault Office Mail App users' computers"
http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO93739

If issue remain then you can use console trace with fiddler when HELP button is not present.   

"IE -> Tools -> Developer Tools, Alternately you could use f12 key to open it, Select Console tab"

For IE 11 you could refer to link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn255006(v=vs.85).aspx

In my prior experince, Console log does not much useful but taking fiddler trace gives clear information.

Start fiddler, start OWA 2013, clear all Fiddler entries to avoid statup entries.
Initialize EV mail app, wait till initiziation failed error message comes.
Stop  fiddler. Upload for review.

We have seen issues caused due to incorrect exchange configuration which utimately resolve by MS support.

Regards
Pradeep Papnai

Nups
Level 4
Employee Certified

Hi,

I faced similar issue in my test lab. I dont recall what solved it though I would suggest you the following:

1) Make sure the SSL certificate both on EV and Exchange are correct

2) Check the EV server name you mention in the script you use to enable mail app.

3) To troubleshoot you could try browsing to the manifest URL specified withing the powershell script in inetrnet explorer on the exchange server