Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV upgrade 5 to 7 - licensing question

Mark_Bob
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

I'm going to be upgrading EV version 5 to EV version 7.

The plan is to upgrade to version 6 SP4 then a week later upgrade to version 7 SP2.

We are going to request new licenses for this but the question is do we need two new sets of licenses, one for EV6 and a new set for EV7? Do you think we will get them within a week?

If possible could we get both sets of licenses at once and do both upgrades one after the other, I'm not keen on this as there is less chance of catching anything that goes wrong and diagnosing a problem would be complicated by the two upgrades.

Also;

The EV server is currently a Win2003 enterprise edition server, we plan to cluster using MSCS once EV is upgraded to version 7 SP2. Storage is already on a DS4000 SAN. Does anyone have any tips or things to watch out for?

Regards

Mark
2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Mark,
If it were me I would request a couple temp licenses as I requested my EV 7 License.

The temp license will last around 30 days and will be plenty of time for you to get upgraded.

Harry_Maroudas
Level 4
I didn't have luck the last time I tried, but perhaps https://licensing.symantec.com to get the upgraded licenses could be an option.