cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV_xxxx Databases on EV Domino Gateway

philquinney
Level 3
Dear All,

I've just applied SP1 to our EV Installation, and have a minor question.

Part of the installation guide states

<pre>
On the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway server, delete the following files, if they exist, from the 'EV' subfolder of the Domino Data folder (for example, C:\Lotus\Domino\Data\ev):
  • EV_*.nsf
  • EVA_*.nsf
  • blank*.nsf

</pre>

So, I removed these databases from our EV Domino Gateway. However, when I restarted the EV Server I was no longer able to retrieve archived items. When attempting to do so I got an error message in my Notes about being able to open EV_0000001.nsf from our EVDG.

After about ten minutes though everything started working again.

Can I ask what these EV_*.nsf databases actually are? Do they keep some kind of cache of recalled items, and it took a little while to rebuild them after the Service Pack was applied?

Thanks,

Phil.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 The EV_*.nsf files are used for recall - Simplistic view of it - when you open a shortcut - the archived email is put into a EV_*.nsf - and that NSF is opened on your Notes client.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 The EV_*.nsf files are used for recall - Simplistic view of it - when you open a shortcut - the archived email is put into a EV_*.nsf - and that NSF is opened on your Notes client.

philquinney
Level 3

Hi John,

That makes sense. It must be that EV was still starting back up when I tried to recall an item and that caused the retrieval to fail.

Thanks for the info.

Phil.