cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV10 SQL Virtualization

EVRocks
Level 5

Hello,

We have just migrated from EV 8 to 10 and currently SQL databases are on a consolidated physical sql server 2008 ENT R2. I know Symantec recommend to have it on a dedicated sql server for EV.

I need to configure FSA Reporting and a prereqs for this require to install Microsoft SQLXML 4.0 and Microsoft MSXML 6.0 on the SQL server that will host File Server Archiving Reporting database.

The problem is that our DBA team refused to allow to install these two tools on the sql server due to being a consolidated server.

Does any one know what SQLXML does?

Does anyone has any experience with having EV SQL databases on a virtual VM box. The EV server house Exchange mailbox, journaling and FSA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

SQLXML is just a transfer method to transfer data from IIS to SQL and vice versa. It just a driver so it won't do much on the SQL server.

It's no problem to virtualize SQL (or EV), just make sure enough resources are available.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

SQLXML is just a transfer method to transfer data from IIS to SQL and vice versa. It just a driver so it won't do much on the SQL server.

It's no problem to virtualize SQL (or EV), just make sure enough resources are available.

EVRocks
Level 5

Thank you ZeRoCool,

I have managed to pursade DBA team to allow to install this driver. By the way SQLXML was part of the SQL default installation on previous SQL server (e.g pre SQL 2008). For some reason MS decided to remove this driver from the default installation.

thank you.

John_Santana
Level 6

hi EVRocks,

So far I can testify that the EV has been running good in my current environment.