cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV11 ;IMAP/SMTP on iOS devices send all mail via SMTP

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

We have just noticed that when an iOS (iPhone 5, iPad, etc... iOS v7.1.3) is configured for both normal corporate email and EV11 IMAP/SMTP email that all emails are sent out using the SMTP connector, including normal corporate email.    The corporate account is set as the default account on the iThing.  We are currently testing Android devices, but I suspect this is a iThing problem.

1) has anyone else seen, or noticed this?

2)  Any suggestions on how to resolve?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Thats default behavior to send through the profile it was received from, you'd have to choose the Email to send From when sending out email to choose a different profile

for instance you could get an email from your EV Archive and send from your hotmail address, or yahoo or GMail etc, but you'd have to select that first, it would be through the default SMTP for that profile otherwise

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Updated information.  This is definitely an iThing issue.  It does not occur on Android or BB.  I have not been able to test on WinPhone but suspect it does not happen there either.

Additionally, when the email is sent via the SMTP connector there is not a copy placed in the user's sent items in either the archive mail or corporate email (this is the biggest issue).

We are looking for work-arounds, fixes to the iPhone/Pad issue.  While SecureMail resolves the SMTP send issue it only allows one mail account, so users would have to use 2 apps to get to their email in total.

Any comments are apprecaited.  Has anyone deployed the EV11 IMAP functionality to their users or pilot group?  I'd like confirmation of the issue from a separate source if possible.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Have you asked Apple Support? Perhaps there is something to be set on the I-devices?

Regards. Gertjan

Simon-Merry
Not applicable

I can confirm, have exactly the same issue, searching here for a solution and found your post

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Thats default behavior to send through the profile it was received from, you'd have to choose the Email to send From when sending out email to choose a different profile

for instance you could get an email from your EV Archive and send from your hotmail address, or yahoo or GMail etc, but you'd have to select that first, it would be through the default SMTP for that profile otherwise

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146