cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV11 Win8.1, IE11, Search page size

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

We've enabled a few users for the new search-page.

Users that have Windows 8.1 with IE11 report that the search page is in a large font, and cannot be changed to smaller. when testing changing the size on other sites, that works fine.

In the pane which shows the brief view for items, you see about 5, the preview pane is just large enough to show the first 6 lines (Sender, receiver etc).

Anyone seen this before?

Any tips on what to check?

Thanks.

GJ

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

Hello Andrew,

Either. I'v configured the search to open in a seperate browser window. We've tried using the button, entering the URL in IE, and using that 'tile' thing.

We've installed a W8.1 with IE11 in our testlab, that works fine. It must therefor be a GPO setting, so I've involved the teams doing the GPO's, and it is up to them. As we have little 8.1 machines, they will have to live with it for now.

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

according to the compatibility guide that configuration is supported. are they running EV Search within Outlook via the EV toolbar, running it via IE in that full screen Windows 8 mode, or are they running it regularly (for lack of a better term but if you know windows 8 then you know what i'm talking about.) 

and just as a matter of interest, how does it look on those workstations if you use a different browser?

GertjanA

Hello Andrew,

Either. I'v configured the search to open in a seperate browser window. We've tried using the button, entering the URL in IE, and using that 'tile' thing.

We've installed a W8.1 with IE11 in our testlab, that works fine. It must therefor be a GPO setting, so I've involved the teams doing the GPO's, and it is up to them. As we have little 8.1 machines, they will have to live with it for now.

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA

FYI:

There was a GPO that forced the new search page to open in Document Mode 7, instead of in 'compatibility mode'. When this was changed to 'comaptibility mode' the new search functioned as expected.

Regards. Gertjan