cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV9.0.2 and OWA9.0.3 Extensions on Exchange 2010 CAS

Raf999
Level 3

Hi,

Here is my environment:  multiple EV9.0.2 servers and Exchange 2010 (number of mailbox servers and CAS servers) with OWA 9.0.2 extensions.

We are looking to upgrade to EV 9.0.3 (SP3).  My question is:

Can I patch the CAS servers first with the new 9.0.3 OWA extensions and then apply SP3 on EV servers?  In other words, would OWA still work if the CAS have 9.0.3 but the EV servers are on 9.0.2?

Apparently, if you patch EV to 9.0.3 first, and the CAS servers are still on 9.0.2 the archives are not accessible via OWA (this was tested in the lab by someone I work with).  So, because of that, I am hoping to first patch the CAS servers, and the EV servers a little later, so that users don't have any outages.  Would that work?

Thanks in advance,

Raf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You should be able to use the 9 SP3 OWA Extensions with a 9 SP2 no problems
I tested EV9 SP3 OWA with EV9 SP1 background and it worked fine

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Raf999
Level 3

I got ahead of myself... we're currently running EV 9.0.1 with 9.0.1 OWA extentions, not 9.0.2.

Thanks!

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You should be able to use the 9 SP3 OWA Extensions with a 9 SP2 no problems
I tested EV9 SP3 OWA with EV9 SP1 background and it worked fine

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

As JW2 mentioned there shouldn't be a problem patching the CAS servers first. Just bear in mind that if you experience major/critical EV OWA issues whilst in between EV versions then the first thing that Tech Support will ask you to do is to either upgrade EV servers or downgrade your EV OWA extensions.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I've never encountered an issue where the difference in version between the EV server, and the EV OWA extension has caused a problem.. so you should be sorted.

Working for cloudficient.com