cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV9 - An attempt was made to move an ArchiveFolder beneath itself

MASSONB
Level 3

Dear all,

I have a mailbox which is not archiving since 3 month now. Each time i try to run the process manually i get the Event id 8390 with

"An attempt was made to move an ArchiveFolder beneath itself" error.

I did try to disable the mailbox or to ZAP it , none of them are working . EVPM is just hanging on the command and nothing is working , same with the disabling via the EV console , when i try to disable the mailbox the progress bar is blocked and make my MMC console crashed.

This is the first time something like this happens , all the rest is working quite fine.

Any ideas or help would be greatly apreciated !

Thank you in advance

Brice 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MASSONB
Level 3

Hi JesusWept3,

Thank you for the feedback. I did a Dtrace on the AgentClientBroker . For some strange reasons i was able to active the mailbox again by lauching VAC with vault service account, i don't know why , with my account it was hanging but now it worked .

I will keep your solution in case of similar situation

Thank you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
What I would do if I were you is to DTrace AgentClientBroker and do a Run Now against the user to repro the issue, review the DTrace and determine the problem folder Once You find the folder, export it out via the VAC to a PST file choosing the delete items option so that the folders empty, then use DeleteEmptyFolders to get rid of it and then reimport the PST
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

MASSONB
Level 3

Hi JesusWept3,

Thank you for the feedback. I did a Dtrace on the AgentClientBroker . For some strange reasons i was able to active the mailbox again by lauching VAC with vault service account, i don't know why , with my account it was hanging but now it worked .

I will keep your solution in case of similar situation

Thank you