Did you mean: 

EVENTID 8390

Ryan_Dong1
Level 4

Receiving the following error message on one of our EV servers:

EventID 8390:

The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error

The RPC server is unavailable.

The A1 queue is sitting near 20,000 items at this point.

I'm pretty sure I know what is causing the issue and I will paste some lines from my DTrace below:

19:11:54.226       [8424]  (ArchiveTask)    <7156>EV:L       CBaseDirectoryServiceWrapper::CreateDirectoryService() - Will try to connect to EV Directory Service on KVAULT.GOV.AB.CA

47353    19:31:42.930       [8424]  (ArchiveTask)    <7156>EV:H      VaultCoCreateInstanceEx: An error occurred - RequestedServerName = [KVAULT.GOV.AB.CA], UsedServerName = [199.215.64.35], hrCCI = [0x800706BA], hrResultsQI = [0x80004005], NumTried = [6], bLocalMachine = [False]

117         19:11:54.241       [8424]  (ArchiveTask)    <7156>EV:M     VaultCoCreateInstanceEx: IsLocalMachineExtendedCheck returned false for server [KVAULT.GOV.AB.CA]  as the IP Address matched that of the local machine

This issue is this.  We are NOT KVAULT.GOV.AB.CA.  We don't own this domain, nor IP address.  I am not sure how/why our EV servers are trying to contact this object.  I have it pinned down to a specific user (from the DTrace).  Is there a way to prevent this error on the server?  And how can I successfully prevent this from happening?

Please let me know if you need anymore information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan_Dong1
Level 4

I thinks that I have solved my own issue here.  I edited the HOST file and added the 'rouge' server to the host file.  I pointed KVault.Gov.Ab.Ca to the local IP of the EV server that was having issues.  It is now able to chew through the queues.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ryan_Dong1
Level 4

I thinks that I have solved my own issue here.  I edited the HOST file and added the 'rouge' server to the host file.  I pointed KVault.Gov.Ab.Ca to the local IP of the EV server that was having issues.  It is now able to chew through the queues.