cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVPM script help?

Michael_Feldman
Level 4
Hi
Does anyone if it is possible to archive one or several mailboxes at one time using a script as opposed to going to the Archival service/properties/run now.

Also...

Is there a way to restore from either a mailbox archive or a journal archive, using a script?

Any help would be much appreciated. Apprently to speak to someone in Symantec takes 3-5 days...
2 REPLIES 2

Lee_Allison
Level 6
Hey Mike,

EVPM won't trigger an archive run for you, however it can setup zero-day archive folders which will then be auto-archived on the next run. But you're still gonna have to trigger the run manually.

Amazingly there's a utility that ships with the product called FSARunNow but it only triggers FSA runs, not mailbox. Seems like a MbxRunNow wouldn't be that hard... ah well.

You can restore from mailbox or journal archives via search.asp, but that's a pretty manual process. You can only do one mailbox at a time and if you have dozens then that represents a bit of workload. Maybe interns? :^)Message was edited by:
Lee Allison

Michael_Feldman
Level 4
Thanks for both answers.
I had suspected that there is no way to trigger an archive run, but was hoping i was wrong. to bad cause this is a lot of manual work for me.

on the second thign, I wouldnt even mind doign a restore via search.asp...unfortunately i cant get it to work. after i create a basket, and attempt to restore it, it says Restoring in the status, but does nothing. I tried to restore to a pst, that does the same thing with obviously no result.
All i can say is...THIS SUCKS! :)