cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EnableMailboxMessage when automatically enable set

GuruPrasadNS
Level 4

hi,

I need to know how and where to set EnableMailboxMessage  to deliver to new enterprise vault enabled users. if i enable mailbox for archiving manually the welcome mail is going to users. need to know whether enabling automatically using the tasks would send the welcome mail to users. please let me know.

rgds, guru.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Guru,

Every time a mailbox is enabled (automatic or manually) for archiving, Enterprise Vault sends a welcome message to the mailbox. The welcome message needs to placed in the Enterprise Vault installation directory, otherwise, it'll generate a message in the event viewer. If you need to edit the message, follow this technote:

Editing the Welcome message for Exchange Server archiving
http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58014

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Guru,

Every time a mailbox is enabled (automatic or manually) for archiving, Enterprise Vault sends a welcome message to the mailbox. The welcome message needs to placed in the Enterprise Vault installation directory, otherwise, it'll generate a message in the event viewer. If you need to edit the message, follow this technote:

Editing the Welcome message for Exchange Server archiving
http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58014

I hope this helps.

GuruPrasadNS
Level 4

Thank you for the reply, GabeV.

I was in a bit of urgent, so tried for one test mailbox. for that to confirm i only ran the provision task and next ran the synchronization task selecting only this test mailbox and while trying to run the archive task trying to select only this test mailbox, i am not seeing it in the list, hence got apprehensive. the usual task schedule is some time 3 hours from now on, so waiting for it.

but to mention, trying running the tasks (only) manually did not send the welcome mail. hope when the schedule runs, it would do so. waiting for it. will update you soon.

rgds, guru.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Guru,

Could you confirm if you the the option 'Automatically ernable mailboxes' enabled in provisioning group? This is a excerpt from the EV help:

Automatically enable mailboxes. Controls whether Enterprise Vault automatically enables archiving for new mailboxes in this provisioning group.

A new mailbox is one that is new to Enterprise Vault. When you first start using Enterprise Vault, all the mailboxes are new. With this setting selected, all existing mailboxes are enabled when the Exchange Mailbox Task next runs. All mailboxes created in the future will also be enabled. The associated archives are automatically created.

If you have this setting enabled, next time the tasks runs, all the mailboxes should be enabled and the message should be sent. Remember that you need copy the MSG into the Enterprise Vault installation directory.

GuruPrasadNS
Level 4

GabeV, automatically enabling mailboxes worked for me sending the welcome mail to the mailbox while synchronization completed. the same did not happen so when i manually synchronized that particular mailbox, so wondering whether it will really work.

all seems good and more over thank you very much for replying and confirming it should work.

-rgds, guru.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Glad to help !!