cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling user

Ed_Jackson
Level 5
Hello all...
What would cause a mailbox to show up on the wrong Exchange server in EV, when enabling it? It enables OK, just on the wrong Exchange server in EV.
EV 2007, SP1
Thank you.
Ed
8 REPLIES 8

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hello Ed

Was the Mailbox moved recently?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Ed_Jackson
Level 5
No. It was enabled on the correct server, then disabled. When re-enabling it, the mailbox showed up on the wrong Exchange server.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
That's odd.
But I think it's only a display issue, and you will be fine.

If you want to correct it, try to Synchronize all your archiving tasks.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Maverik
Level 6
I would say that this is not OK.  The displays and this information is taken from the Directory database table ExchangeMailboxEntry, which is important in alot of processes.

I would say that perhaps after a sync that this would be corrected, if not then I would say there is another issue.  EV queries AD etc with LDAP to discover information to populate the Exchange Mailbox Entry table.  EV does not make the decision itself on what Exchange Server this user resides on. 

On EV 2007 Provisioning not a sync find the user for the first time and populates the ExchangeMailbox Entry table. 

There are alot of tests that could be perfomed etc that are a bit to complex to go through on the forum and in this.  I would suggest that you log a call with Symantec Support and have them invesitgate it further.  I have had a similar case in the past where LDAP queries for one user returned empty values and therefore would not provision. I have also seen this occur when using EVPM to enable a user.  Once a sync takes place all is well again. 

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Use LDP or ADSI Edit to check the properties of the user in AD.

Jim S.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
FYI,

These tools can be found on the OS CD support tools.

Jim S.

Daniel_R_
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi,

Well, the common error when you enable user is by an full Mailbox.

Daniel R.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Were you able to check the AD property values?