cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 10 compatibility

ssv1984
Level 2

Hi All,

I would like to know is Symantec enterprise Vault version 10 is compatible with Microsoft office 2007. If so why the deployment gets failed. I didnt see any error message but its giving general error as "fatal error 1603".

Kindly provide the Prerequisites for the Enterprise Vault Outlook version 10, like any dependent software is there, what all softwares to be install. Also what version of outlook is compatible.

I see that V10 is for the version office 2010 and later and also able to see for office 2007. Kindly provide a confirm information.

Thanks,
Siva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So take a look at the Exchange archiving client compatibility - Chapter 5 section of the Compatiblity doc.  Outlook 2007 is supported for the client.

What OS is the computer?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi ssv1984,

Have you looked at the compatibility guide?

Enterprise Vault Compatibility List
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537

If you are talking about the EV server, Outlook 2007 SP3 is supported for Enterprise Vault 10 (page 19).

I hope this helps.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Also, could you please post a screenshot with the error message you are receiving from the Deployment Scanner?

TonySterling

What exactly are you trying to install?  The EV Add-in?

ssv1984
Level 2

Hi All,

Yes - EV addin version 10.

TonySterling

So take a look at the Exchange archiving client compatibility - Chapter 5 section of the Compatiblity doc.  Outlook 2007 is supported for the client.

What OS is the computer?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You can sometimes get this if a registry key is missing..

http://thingsilearnedtoday.net/2011/03/04/outlook-version-hunting/

Working for cloudficient.com

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

ssv1984,

For Outlook 2007 OR - SP3 you can install the EV 10 add-in. You can use Windows Installer logging options to create a log file to determine what's causing this "fatal error 1603". For instance:

msiexec /i <MSIFile.msi> /lv /log c:\EVAdd-In_LogFile.log

You can run msiexec /? to see the options available. Is there any special software or another Outlook add-in installed on this computer? What about GPOs?