cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 11.0.1. and office 365

wiaro01
Level 2

Hi All,

i am new one in using and maintening of EV 11.0.1 ( i took it over with our new customer).

i would liek to ask if there is possible to do fololownig:

The customer allready migrated to Office 365 and now they wnat to rundown old hardware hwo we are runnign the on-premises Exchange server with journaling mailbox. Is it possible to migrate the mailbox to office 365 online exchange 2016 without loosing any data and fully functionality? We allready try to check in the documents regarding this tocpic but there is not mentioned if this is possible or not.

thanks fopr replay

2 REPLIES 2

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there, 

Please be more specific. What exactly you are trying to move to the cloud?

Is EV still active ie. archiving any of the mailboxes you moved to O365 or the journal?

--Virgil

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I believe it is not allowed to have a journaling mailbox in the O365 environment.

EV11.0.1 does have SMTP archiving. You should be able to use that together with O365 to have messages send to EV. Additionally, you might want to investigate EV.Cloud, which would also allow you to remove your on-prem EV environment.

I'm working on doing the same. I'll upgrade to EV12.3, due to easier SMTP archiving config. Keep in mind that you have only 10 Journal Rules in O365.

Regards, GJ

Regards. Gertjan