cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 6 SP5 Missing Attachments Via Shortcuts

MartinM
Level 2

Hi,

We are having a problem during an exchange migration, where messages are being flagged as corrupt by the migration agent. What appears to be common to all these messages is that when opened from the Outlook shortcut some attachments are not available and replaced with << image001.gif@01C94F1C.24315060 >>  or similar.

When opened via search or archive explorer they open fine, with all attachments intact.

Running isinteg or using exmerge to export and re-import the folder contents does not either flag the messages as corrupt, nor fix the issue.

Is there any known issue which could be causing this?

Exchange servers are windows 2000 SP4 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 and roll-up patch/hotfixes.

Enterprise Vault 6.0 SP5 on windows 2003 std SP1

Outlook 2003 SP3

Quest Exchange Migration Wizard 4.0.1.157

Thanks in advance,

Martin.

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

So the items have been archived successfully and indexed successfully as they are retrievable via the search applications but it would appear that the shortcut creation has gone a bit wrong. I have personally not come across this one but what happens if you restore the item and rearchive it hence recreating the shortcut. Does the shortcut then get fixed up?

Do all messages with attachments experience this problem?

MartinM
Level 2

It may be as low as 1 in 1000 messages exhibit this problem. Also any further response to one of these messages also have the same shortcut issue.

I have restored some messages I have identified with incorrect shortcuts, and will let you know what happens after they are archived again.

My main problem is I have not been able to find any automated way to identify which shortcuts are effected, and the migration tool skips the entire folder when it finds one. 

Thanks,

Martin.

Message Edited by MartinM on 01-05-2009 01:56 AM