cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Admin Console Installation failure

cmi_it
Level 3

I tried to install the Enterprise Vault Administration Console on a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 server however I am stuck in a loop that states:

Installation has checked the software and settings on our computer and has generated a report. The pre-installation scan found problems that you must resolve before you can continue the installation.

The report states that DCOM is enabled but the Windows Firewall is preventing entry on TCP Port 135. This Port must be unblocked in the Windows Firewall settings for DCOM to work correctly. For more information, see http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH87314.

I tried all steps in TECH87314 and continue getting the same results.

I removed the appData\Local\temp\2 folder, tried installing again, chosing to skip the prescan and get the exact same results.

What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cmi_it
Level 3

Thank you all for the feedback, I found the issue. Our iSCSI connection was showing as a Public connection, once I disabled the firewall for Public Networks the installation went through successfully.

Odd that this would cause an installation failure, especially since the routable TCP connection was set to domain connection and the firewall is already set to disable on domain connection through group policy.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you just disable the firewall until the installation is done?  

cmi_it
Level 3

Sorry, forgot that detail. The firewall is already disabled for domain and private. It makes 0 sense.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

hmmm, that is a bit strange then.  Do you have any other AV software on the server?

Also, what happens if you install the Deployment Scanner and run it?  What does it report?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I could be wrong but doesn't the installer check the exclusion regardless of whether the FW is enabled or disabled?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes JesusWept. It does check but as he said that he followed the article TECH87314 thoroughly.

then it should not give him this error as in the first solution we make exception in the FW for port 135.

@ cmi_it: I just thought if you want check the article once again and just amke sure that you have not missed any step.

If not then could you please check the system event log on the EV Server and see if we are getting any DCOM errros.

cmi_it
Level 3

Thank you all for the feedback, I found the issue. Our iSCSI connection was showing as a Public connection, once I disabled the firewall for Public Networks the installation went through successfully.

Odd that this would cause an installation failure, especially since the routable TCP connection was set to domain connection and the firewall is already set to disable on domain connection through group policy.